Cost of the treatment
The cost of the drug treatment depends on the drugs prescribed by the doctor. You also need to pay for a consultation with a gynecologist who will deal with your treatment.
The cost of surgery and ART techniques can be found below:
|Initial consultation with an obstetrician-gynecologist and reproductive specialist||480 uah.|
|Repeated consultation with an obstetrician-gynecologist and reproductive specialist||400 uah.|
|Comprehensive IVF program “Happiness is Around You” (with own egg cells and sperm of the partner and individually chosen medicines to stimulate ovulation)||57 000 uah.|
|Comprehensive IVF program “Mother’s happiness” (with own egg cells and sperm of the partner and individually chosen medicines to stimulate ovulation)||58 500 uah.|
|Comprehensive IVF program “I will be a mother” (with own egg cells and sperm of the partner and individually chosen medicines to stimulate ovulation)||65 000 uah.|
|Comprehensive IVF program “Stork at the door” (with own egg cells and sperm of the partner and individually chosen medicines to stimulate ovulation)||68 500 uah.|
|Comprehensive IVF program “Family happiness” (with own egg cells and sperm of the partner and individually chosen medicines to stimulate ovulation)||65 500 uah.|
Infertility is a common family problem that can be associated with disorders in both the female and male body. According to statistics, about 15% of couples face difficulties in conceiving a child every year.
It is not worth delaying the problem, it is recommended to seek help from specialists as soon as possible. Today, there are many effective and affordable correction methods. How to treat infertility in each case is decided by the doctor, focusing on the problems that were identified as a result of the diagnosis.
Treatment of female infertility in “IVMED” Rodinna Dzherelo
The method of infertility treatment depends on the cause of the disease. With endocrine or immunological infertility, drug treatment is used. Antibiotic treatment is indicated if inflammatory diseases are the cause of infertility.
If we are talking about the pathology of the fallopian tubes or uterus, surgical treatment is used. Our clinic for reproductive medicine has a huge range of possibilities for effective surgical interventions. We perform such modern manipulations as laparoscopy, myomectomy, hysteroscopy and others.
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
If drug therapy and surgical treatment did not work, artificial insemination methods are used.
Thanks to the high level of technical equipment and the work of experienced reproductive specialists of the IVMED medical center, the chances of pregnancy after the first attempt of using artificial insemination in women under 35 years old increase up to 70%.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
During IVF, fertilization of eggs with sperm is carried out in a test tube, followed by growing embryos in an artificial environment and transferring them into the uterine cavity. The ovarian follicles are punctured under ultrasound guidance to collect egg
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI Technology)
With low sperm activity or a small number of mature eggs, the ICSI procedure is performed. In this procedure, one sperm cell is microsurgically placed directly into an egg taken from a woman. To exclude damage to the spindle of egg division during ICSI, a special technique of polarizing microscopy is used.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
Intrauterine insemination is a technique used to treat various reproductive disorders. Its essence lies in the introduction of specially processed concentrated sperm of the husband or donor into the cervix or uterus during the periovulatory period under the control of ultrasound monitoring.
If a woman is physically unable to carry a child on her own, she can use the services of a surrogate mother. Surrogacy (SM) is an assisted reproductive technology, when a woman voluntarily agrees to carry and give birth to a child to an infertile couple. The surrogate mother has no genetic relationship with the baby. The child will have the genetic link to those who provided their genetic material.
When it is not possible to obtain good quality eggs, an IVF procedure with donor eggs is performed. For this purpose, a bank of donor eggs cryopreserved by the method of ultrafast freezing – vitrification has been created at the IVMED medical center. Careful selection of donors maximizes pregnancy rates.
Male infertility treatment
Treatment methods are an effective solution to the problem. Most patients, for one reason or another, do not seek medical help, but they do not know how to cure male infertility on their own. With the timely identification of the problem and determination of its cause, in 95% of cases, it is possible to successfully cure and conceive a child naturally. Treatment is prescribed by a urologist or andrologist after diagnosis. It happens often that infertility does not require specific therapy, but goes away on its own after correcting a man’s lifestyle, including giving up bad habits, moderate physical activity, excluding the use of hormonal and other drugs for other purposes, and so on.
If a man has an active and healthy lifestyle, and he still fails to become a father, more serious methods of treatment can be used, including 3 stages:
- Determination of the cause of infertility after passing various analyzes, tests and passing diagnostic procedures.
- Treatment of major diseases and elimination of factors that inhibit spermatogenesis. It can be both therapy of infectious diseases and others treated with a conservative method, as well as surgical interventions to eliminate pathologies.
- Stimulation of spermatogenesis in order to obtain good and active spermatozoa for successful conception.
If possible, the specialist tries to select the treatment of infertility in men for the implementation of natural conception. In special cases, when natural fertilization is difficult, conception is carried out exclusively in IVF cycles using modern fertilization techniques – ICSI, IMSI and PICSI. There are various therapeutic methods depending on the reasons.
The conservative way to eliminate the signs of infertility is the simplest and safest. According to the test results, a lack or excess of certain hormones is determined, as a result of which a man is prescribed special biologically active drugs. Hormone therapy is aimed at improving spermatogenesis – increasing the mobility of sperm and their number in the semen.
Such elimination of infertility is effective in a number of cases:
- hormonal disruption in the male body
- chronic or acute course of infectious diseases
- sexually transmitted diseases – chlamydia, ureaplasmosis and others
Treatment with hormonal agents can be given alone or in addition to other therapeutic methods. On average, taking biologically active drugs is 9 months or longer, depending on the severity of the problem. At the same time, it is important to be constantly monitored by a doctor and take tests during hormone therapy. Typically, the quality of sperm after hormonal treatment improves by 30-40%, ensuring a successful natural conception.
Minimally invasive treatments
Often, infertility is caused by an insufficient number of normal spermatozoa or their low activity.
For this purpose, minimally invasive methods of treatment are used:
- TESA – is the most popular and painless method for obtaining sperm with a needle. The procedure is performed under intravenous anesthesia and takes about 15 minutes.
- TESE – microsurgical extraction of cells from the epididymis. It takes 15 minutes to complete it, and after an hour the patient is fully rehabilitated. The advantage of manipulation is painlessness and the collection of a large amount of sperm, which increases the chances of conception
- PESA – the method involves puncture of the epididymis. The most effective technique in the case of azoospermia, it guarantees a 100% result. The material is obtained by aspiration of a liquid mixture that mimics the environment of the fallopian tubes by injecting it through a needle. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
- MESA – a technique that allows you to get about 60% of sperm, which is almost 2 times more than when using other minimally invasive methods. The male organs are not damaged during the procedure, and the circulatory system remains normal.
Regardless of the chosen minimally invasive method of dealing with infertility, the consequences for male health are minimal. To exclude complications after the intervention, it is required to follow the doctor’s recommendations.
Use of ART methods
In case of severe infertility and ineffectiveness of minimally invasive methods, a surgical method of treatment is used. The technique involves artificial insemination using your own sperm.
The most popular methods of ART (assisted reproductive technology):
- ICSI, which involves the injection of sperm into the cytoplasm of the egg
- PICSI – insertion and injection of a mature sperm into a female ovum
- IUI (intrauterine insemination), in which sperm is transferred into the uterus for successful conception
- freezing spermatozoa, in particular after they have been obtained by surgery
Since ART methods involve surgical intervention, complications may appear after the procedure, especially if medical prescriptions are not followed. Bleeding after a puncture, inflammation of the genitals are frequent consequences of using ART methods for treating infertility. To avoid unpleasant consequences after the procedure, it takes some time to remain calm and, if necessary, take medications prescribed by a doctor.